Wow....can you believe it !!! We are in the middle of January already. Thank God we don't have much snow so far. We had a little flurry yesterday. I hope and pray that's all for the whole season.
On this cold weather my husband love to have chili. We found this recipe a while back and twisted a little bit not on purpose.
We went to the grocery and looked at the ground beef price was crazy expensive. We compared with the chunky beef much cheaper so we go ahead and used it. And we were glad we did it. So is kind of stew chili if you will : )
Instead of cooking on regular pot on the stove I cooked it in slow cooker on high for about 4 hours.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced (1 cup)
- 1 red or green bell pepper, diced (1 cup)
- 1 cups celery ( diced )
- 2 carrots, diced (1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 to 1,5 pound chunky beef
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
Heat the oil in large pot. Add the onion and chunky beef until the beef no longer pink. In the crock pot put bell pepper, celery, carrots, all the beans and crushed tomato. Add the beef and onion. Also all the spices and water. Turn on the slow cooker on high for 4 hours.
Enjoy with your favorite corn bread recipe :) cheddar cheese and sour cream for garnish !!!
Linking up to :