I hope you have a wonderful sunny day today !!
We were invited to dinner at my brother in law house last weekend. I asked my sister in law what can I bring or make. I love to bring something to someone house. She told me to bring dessert. I was thinking to make something without buying any ingredients in the other words use what I have around the pantry. First I was thinking making a pound cake.
Friday night I changed my mind. Instead I made chocolate cake with sunflower peeps. After all Spring is here I want to bring the joy of new life in the nature and corporate with cake.
This recipe is combination of a couple recipe. Everyone seems to love it and I'm glad !!
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 box white chocolate pudding ( 3 oz. )
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup sour cream
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing :
1/2 stick butter room temperature
1 Cup sugar powder
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 chocolate chip melted in microwave
Mix cream cheese and butter followed by sugar powder, vanilla and melted chocolate chips
1. Pre heat the oven 350 degrees and grease 2 of 9" pans set aside.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients in a big bowl sugar, flour, chocolate pudding, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. Put all the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients sour cream, milk, vegetable oil and water, eggs.
4. Mix all ingredients with hand mixer in low speed for about 1 minutes and stopped to scrap the bowl and mix again in medium speed for about 3 minutes. After everything mix well put the chocolate chips.
5. Pour batter in 2 prepared pan divided them evenly. Bake them for about 20-25.
6. Let it cool and apply the icing
7. Decorate with peeps and put them in fridge for about 3 hours before serving. I serve it the following day and its very moist cake. We like it !! This is perfect for Easter cake.
Linking Up :